Author Topic: Please help translate the upcoming MegaGlest 3.7.0 - an easier, all new process  (Read 3340 times)

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
While there will be another beta before the 3.7.0 release, we need your help translating the game right now - in an all new process.

We've changed the translation process to make it easier for both you and us - you can now translate by just posting your translations to a website

If you're not already subscribed to our translations mailing list, please subscribe now.

All other info is available on yesterdays' post to this list.

Thank you!
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

GunChleoc

• Horseman
    • View Profile
    • Fòram na Gàidhlig
Thanks for putting this on Transifex, this makes thing a lot easier!  :D :D (although I still dream of .po-files... ;))

Is there a specific reason translations of the Megapack techtree are not accepted?

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Is there a specific reason translations of the Megapack techtree are not accepted?
Are they not accepted, or do you just mean that they aren't on Transifex (at least, not yet).
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
The current version of svn now integrates megaglest with the transifex website project for megaglest. Translators may test their work by going into the Options menu in mg, Click the Advanced Translation button (above the language listbox in the top right corner). This enables some transifex UI items at the bottom of the screen. Enter your Transifex username, password and the standard 2 character country code for your translation (in the main lng file it is defined in the following key:

;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes
ISO639-1=zh

Once you have entered this information, click the download button to pull in your work into mg for testing. To remove these files (And revert to the normal language files that existed before your changes) click the delete language files button.

Thanks

GunChleoc

• Horseman
    • View Profile
    • Fòram na Gàidhlig
Thanks, this will speed up testing :D

ETA: The problem below has been solved, the problem was that the name for my language file changed.

The buttons for the Advanced Translation don't translate yet, although they are already in Transifex. You will need to get an updated english.lng as well (from the daily build or Transifex) for the English button labels to show up correctly.

ETA: I also get English hints for strings I have already translated. I take it this function is only for the main language file?
« Last Edit: 31 October 2012, 09:18:19 by GunChleoc »

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
Thanks, this will speed up testing :D

The buttons for the Advanced Translation don't translate yet, although they are already in Transifex. You will need to get an updated english.lng as well (from the daily build or Transifex) for the English button labels to show up correctly.
Transifex should be auto-updating the English source files from SVN (every couple of minutes, I would think). Is there indication that this is not working?

ETA: I also get English hints for strings I have already translated. I take it this function is only for the main language file?

The Transifex download Softcoder implemented in the game downloads all resources from Transifex for the language you have set next to your Transifex credentials on the options screen (i.e. not just the main language file). They are stored in ~/.megaglest/data on Linux and %ApplicationData%\megaglest\data on Windows. Please check whether your translations are both still present on Transifex and whether they were downloaded to your computer and stored in these locations.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
I've got a little update to make here. It turns out that the 3.7.0 beta2 Linux releases are missing HTTPS support, and so the Transifex integration cannot work with beta 2 on Linux. It does work on Windows, though.

Linux translators can, however, just use the snapshots we provide. Those consist of two archive files. The first one is the game data, which is the same for everyone. The second archive is available in two flavours, for 32 bit (i685) and for 64 bit (x86_64) Linux respectively.
Which flavour you need in the second step depends on the Linux variant you are running (which in itself depends on your computer hardware). To find out, run uname -m in a terminal window. It should either return something like i686, i586, i486 or i386, in which case you need the 32-bit variant. Or it will say x86_64 or amd64 in which case you need the 64 bit variant of MegaGlest.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2012, 17:14:58 by tomreyn »

Zhook

Hello!
I'm here again!
My ubuntu 10.04 was updated to xubuntu 12.04. And now I am ready to translate your wonderful game into Russian.(if it needs)
Starting download...

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Congratulations on your Ubuntu upgrade/(re)install, Zhook. If you can work on Russian today this will be great, since the 10 day translation period ends in 7 hours. 89% of the russian translation are done, so this can be doable (if you have some time). If you don't have time now, please do it later, since we can still add your translations to the next but one release then. In the past, there had often (but not always) been bugfix releases a few days after the initial release (sadly often due to insufficient community support at testing before the original release).

Zhook

Can you wait only today? I had no time yesterday, but started translation.
Today I'll do it fully.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
If you have subscribed to the translations mailing list or follow our posts to identi.ca / twitter / facebook you will know we have extended the deadline, including for you. Thanks for your support.

Zhook

Ok.
I did it! All text translated to 100% :)
I keept lenght of phrases and context, all must be ok. :D You can use it now.

But I can't download and install mg right now to test it in practice(some problems with my internet provider and dependences in ubuntu). :(

GunChleoc

• Horseman
    • View Profile
    • Fòram na Gàidhlig
Great, thanks! :D

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Thanks Zhook, this makes the seventh complete translation (plus English). Testing would be great, though, so I'll be happy to help with your PC issues tomorrow on the chat (just ask for "tomreyn") if you could look into testing the russian translation as soon as it's fixed, too.

Zhook

Problems already fixed.
I downloaded svn.
Now it is compiling...
Then will test.

Zhook

Yesterday I tested new russian translation of mg in networking. It was final test. All is ok. :D You can use it.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
Thank you, it's been committed.

anything